Re: Who maintains tcltk? I have a patch for you.

Brian Dessent wrote:

It would be very wrong for the source package to not correlate exactly
to what was used to build the binary package, as that would violate the
GPL and common sense.
Oh ok. So in other words, the source is provided as a reference and not necessarily for building the package again.
Anyway, upgrade to the current gdb-6.8-2 and it will include the patch
and should build OOTB.

Brian
You mean in the setup, I install the latest version of the gnu debugger and that will allow tcl to build out of the box? What does gdb have to do with tcl?