This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Putting my packages up for adoption
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:04:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Putting my packages up for adoption
- References: <4817A587.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Warren Young wrote:
> Please email me the package build scripts, and brief instructions on
> their use. I maintain the ctags package, but do so with hand-rolled
> tools due to weirdnesses of its build system. So, I know how to build
> Cygwin packages, but I don't know how to build _your_ packages. :)
Downloading the corresponding source packages from the Cygwin mirrors
should give you the exact set of tools used to build the packages.
Depending on the packaging method, it could be as simple as running a
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the whole
Torah; the rest is commentary. Go and study it." -- Rabbi Hillel