Re: Perl 5.10 stabilization

Reini Urban schrieb:
2008/4/16, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) <yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net>:
 My perl packages are now ready for 5.10, as soon as you're ready to
 stabilize:

Great!

I started now the latest perl-5.10.0-4 build on my 2nd machine, but my
connection seems to be very bad today.
So it will be at the end of this week finished testing the latest build.

BTW: I finished building a static perl (single exe), and a non-threaded perl
(much faster), but I still have to find the cause for the two missing
static libs.

I've found and fixed those linker problems and some more -Uusedl problems (static libperl only), but I'm still not happy with cornercases and certain hardcore packages. Maybe we should really wait for a 5.10.1 to go stable. But I don't think that the new regex engine will get much faster with 5.10.1.

Current changes from -3 to -4:
No API changes, just one added DynaLoader.o in libperl and added one missing Win32CORE.a, so your packages will be fine.
And I've removed -Dusesitecustomize for performance reasons.

The packages are already at my setup site.

Anyway, I hope to finish testing until next weekend.
The current 5.10.0-4 version has the same test errors as 5.8.9, which is one more test failure than 5.8.8.
ext/Time/HiRes/t/HiRes......................FAILED--non-zero wait status: 15

The upcoming 5.8.9 is also keeping me steady smoking and adjusting build scripts, and I still have no time for fixing icu to be able to ITP parrot.

A perl-debug (perl5.10.0d.exe) and perl-nonthreaded package (perl5.10.0-nt.exe) for raw speed is also in consideration. (side-by side install), since I need that anyway, and packaging is quite easy with the changed build framework.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/