Re: coreutils-6.11-1 in release-2 area

Hi Eric,

On May 13 13:02, Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Eric Blake on 5/12/2008 8:11 PM:
> | I've finally finished a build of coreutils 6.11, and uploaded it to the
> | release-2 area.
>
> | So there will probably be issues and/or regressions; please
> | report them on this list, and I will try to fix them before cygwin 1.7.0
> | goes live.
>
> And the very first issue was that cp and mv dumped core, because I forgot
> an '#include "config.h"' in my source additions.  -2 is uploaded now.

There's a bug in coreutils 6.11 id(1) which results in showing a
truncated group list.  Running my domain account against id from
coreutils 6.10 shows:

$ id
uid=11001(corinna) gid=10513(Domain Users) groups=544(Administrators),545(Users),554(Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access),572(Denied RODC Password Replication Group),10512(Domain Admins),10513(Domain Users)

Running it against id from 6.11 shows:

$ id
uid=11001(corinna) gid=10513(DomUsers) groups=10513(DomUsers)

The reason is apparently that the mgetgroups function is always called
with a username != NULL, even if no username has been given on the
command line.  As result, the grouplist is evaluated by using the
getugroups function, which searches the group memberships manually using
getgrent.  For the current user it should rather use getgroups directly,
as would be the case with username=NULL.

HTH,

Red Hat