Re: New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Download a 1.7 distro using http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe

Cygwin 1.7 and 1.5 can run in parallel sessions on the same machine, but
the installation in parallel needs some manual intervention.  Setup.exe
is not yet using the new registry location and will happily install into
your 1.5 installation dir...

Are there any instructions on exactly how to do this? I tried to install both of them on my machine. I told setup-1.7 to install into a separate directory, however, all of the other registry stuff that keeps track of what is installed seems to be used as well. So, it installed some stuff, but not everything. The resulting install could not run programs because of missing dll's.

Thanks.

-Bill