This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup.exe issues between Win2k and WinXP - does it use different logic for setup retrieval or package ver selection
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:02:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup.exe issues between Win2k and WinXP - does it use different logic for setup retrieval or package ver selection
- References: <VA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <VA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Feb 4 12:03, Brian Keener wrote:
> Brian Keener wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/cygwin/
> > http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/install
> > ftp://sourceware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/sourceware.org/cygwin/
> > the prc-tools is for my Palm code but both last-mirrors have the same
> > mirrors in the same order.
> The continuing saga - right after my last post on this setup started
> reporting the same packages for both the WinXP and the Win2k machine as
> it should and that as worked for several checks since then but now today
> and this is too weird - I went to update using setup and all both the
> WinXp and the Win2k laptop both reported a boat load full of packages
> that needed updating and in most cases the new was less than the
> I am still using the same mirrors as documented above.
> Any thought on this as all? Why I keep seeing this and now it happened
> on both machines not just the Win2k.
Could that be a result of the setup.ini problem?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com