This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
_update-info-dir (was Re: [RFC] GCC-4 new packaging.)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:02:31 -0500
- Subject: _update-info-dir (was Re: [RFC] GCC-4 new packaging.)
- References: <498FA4EF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4991AFA1.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 04:47:29PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> ?? But doesn't that mean the info directory page would only get updated
>every time there's a new release of texinfo? I'm really confused here. I
>thought we used the _update-info-dir dependency to save having to add the
>postinstall scripts built by prep_gnu_info.sh. How would "install-info" get
>called on the new info files?
I don't know why dependencies on _update-info-dir keep creeping into
various setup.hint files but I have just taken a sweep through the
setup.hints in the release and release-2 directories.
You should not be adding this dependency to your setup.hint file.