Re: [HEADSUP] Maintainers, please switch to Cygwin 1.7

On Feb 10 11:40, Warren Young wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Other than that I'm wondering about the small trickle of bug reports
>> related to Cygwin 1.7.  Either it's already quite stable, or it gets
>> only tested by 3 or 4 users...
>
> .38 fixed the only two bugs I've seen with 1.7: the scp bug and the
> cygcheck -r infinite recursion on Vista 64.  Both were reported and solved
> on the lists before I ran into them.  So, thank you for responding to both
> quickly!
>
> Well, there's still the 1.5/1.7 entanglement problem, but that's not going
> to be fixed, so we can't count that.

What "entanglement problem"?  I'm really not sure what you mean, given
that you can install and run(!) a 1.5 and a 1.7 based distro on the same
machine.  I often run a 1.5 tcsh and a 1.7 tcsh in parallel.  They simply
don't know of each other.

Red Hat