This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:53:55 +0000
- Subject: GCC4 status.
Quick progress report.
- GNAT EH failures fixed.
- Fixed GIJ (and libjvm) shared builds.
- Packaging adjusted as per previous discussions.
- New-and-final release of 3.3.3 to introduce suffixed executables and
alternatives symlinks built, now regtesting.
Final steps now underway:
- Add alternatives usage to gcc-4 packaging.
- Add fix for DLL rebasing problem.
- Final build and regtest 4.3.2 compiler and check new packaging works.
- Check new packaging works right for 3.3.3 compiler.
Immediately after native 4.3.2-2 released:
- Adding i686-pc-mingw32 cross compiler build to gcc-4 cygport file (already
under way, last build failed with "libgomp needs pthreads" error - need to get
myself win32-pthreads for MinGW, I think).
- Minor hacks to package generation for mingw x-compiler.
- Build, regtest, package test and upload.
(Then I'll start work on 4.5.0 upstream; I want to get upstream gcc using
DW2 EH by default, fix weak symbol handling, and we'll see about those foreign