This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Thread reset] GCC4 vs binutils
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Mailing List: CygWin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:29:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Thread reset] GCC4 vs binutils
- References: <49A624A4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
.Dave Korn wrote:
Aaaaand, as long as
> we're making plans for silencing that ld warning, we should try and get that
> change in there first.
The current behavior wrt auto-import (enabled by default, but complain
-- info, not warn -- if used without explicit --enable-auto-import)
and extends to ALL pe platforms.
Prior to that, auto-import was disabled by default, and if enabled,
issued a warning if used. This dates back to when auto-import was first
added to ld:
So, in short: auto-import has been available for 7.5 years, and has been
the default (but whines with "info" message) on all pe platforms for
just under 7 years.
I don't think anyone will complain about no longer whining. It's an
established tool in the gcc/ld-on-pe toolbox.
Dave, do you want to propose the patch on binutils, or shall I?