Re: Question: Desired owner/group when running setup-1.7.exe

On Apr 20 23:13, Julio Costa wrote:
> BUT, may I make one last wish? I think that if this is important
> enough to change in setup.exe, I think it is equally important to
> maintain after installation, by implementing the same algorith in (at
> least) mkpasswd to avoid incoherence.

I understand what you're up to but you can't do that.  The fact that an
account is member of the Administrators group shouldn't lead to an
automatism which sets its primary group to Administrators.  That's
probably nice and feasible in most cases for a local, non-domain
account, but you can't just override the primary group choices in a
active directory structure.  Especially in big companies or governments
the group memberships and primary groups have been chosen for a reason.

> PS: I know, we can always edit passwd by hand. But this is more a
> question of why should we, when we already identified that there's a
> need for change in the gid algorithm?

For local admin users it sounds like an interesting idea, for AD
accounts I'm not going to do that.

Red Hat