Re: [ITP] OpenSceneGraph-2.8.1-1

Hi Alberto,

About OpenSceneGraph, I think you should first decide if you want it to be run through an
X-Server, or not (native M$ OpenGL implementation).

If you go down the X-Server road, you will not get hardware/driver acceleration for now.
It may come in a future release of X11r7, as we had it in XFree86, but I don't know
what is the roadmap for that. For the X-Server road, you would need libGL1, libGLU1 and maybe libGLw1
as required packages for your run-time package. You would need libGL1-devel, libGLU1-devel and maybe libGLw1-devel
as required packages for your developer package. You would _not_ need the opengl package as a requirement of any
of your package.

If you go down the native OpenGL road, you will get hardware/driver acceleration, but you will need to load
anything above OpenGL 1.1 dynamically. You would _not_ need the opengl package as a requirement, as the required DLLs
(opengl32.dll and glu32.dll) are part of M$ Windows. You would need w32api as a required package for your developper package.

The opengl package provides native implementation of opengl-related libraries GLUT, GLUI, and GLUIX.

Regards,

- André Bleau, Cygwin's volunteer OpenGL package maintainer.

Please direct any question or comment about the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com
Many other persons will be able to help you if you do.
Créez un personnage à votre image pour votre WL Messenger
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9656622