Re: New run version with patches for Windows 7

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 04:43:19PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Aug  9 10:20, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> Since we don't have a package maintainer for run, why not just
>>> make this change and release it for 1.7?
>> We don't know yet if we don't have a package maintainer.  I'd like
>> to wait if Alexander replies in the next few days.
>
> I see that Alexander is still on the cygwin-apps list.  I thought he
> absolved himself of all Cygwin duties when he stepped down as X
> maintainer but I see he updated run in 2006.  I don't see any email from
> him after that point though.
>
> I'd be surprised if he responds to this.

Surprise!

I did not follow the list very closely so I'm not sure if I'd be able to
  build a working replacement package of run esp. since I still only
have the 1.5 tree around here.

I'd feel relieved if someone would take over the run package. If that's
not the case then well, I'd need to get the build environment up again.

Alexander