Re: Avoiding the final setup.exe page

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> People have complained about the final setup.exe page which asks about
> creating an icon, etc.  What's the best way to stop that page from
> showing up every time you run setup.exe?  Should it only be asked on the
> very first installation (easy) or should there be a "Don't ask this
> question again" (harder)?
>
> And, if that page goes away, should setup.exe just exit when it is
> done or should it still have something that you click?

FWIW, I think the current behavior of remembering past choices and giving
the option to change them, while at the same time showing a positive
notification of success full completion, is just fine the way it is.
AFAIK, the success full completion page is industry standard for Windows
installers.

--
Brian Ford
Staff Realtime Software Engineer