Re: 1.7 installation failed (on network drive?)

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Dec 8 18:21, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
... Build a debug version of setup (you need gcc-3
for that since the -mno-cygwin option is still used), start it under
GDB, and set a breakpoint to GDB will break there if
an error gets triggered. Examine what status codes are returned.
See /usr/include/w32api/ddk/ntstatus.h what status code that is.
OK; since setup is not a cygwin package, where would I get the
sources in the first place? And is there a README telling me how to
build a debug version (make debug?)?

cvs -d setup
CC=gcc-3 configure
make 'CFLAGS=-g'
So I don't need to switch, thanks.
Actually, I already checked out and compiled (after installing a bunch of dependencies) over night after cgf's pointer to
However, I didn't include the -g flag, assuming that leaving out the final 'strip' step might suffice.

In case I don't get it compiled, maybe you could prepare two debug
versions (with/w/o the change below) and send them to me? I could
take an extra trip to that lab tomorrow for testing.
Well, yes, but there's very little reason that you shouldn't get it
Kind of... I did the small change you suggested and ran make again for a second test build, and guess what happens?
It's compiling *everything* again all over; that's not quite the purpose of make, is it?
So is it really useful to go over and do the test after that's finished, or do I need to recompile two more full times with -g?