Re: 1.7 installation failed (on network drive?)

On Dec  9 11:52, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>OK; since setup is not a cygwin package, where would I get the
> >>sources in the first place? And is there a README telling me how to
> >>build a debug version (make debug?)?
> >Basically:
> >
> >  cvs -d setup
> >  CC=gcc-3 configure
> >  make 'CFLAGS=-g'
> So I don't need to switch, thanks.
> Actually, I already checked out and compiled (after installing a
> bunch of dependencies) over night after cgf's pointer to
> However, I didn't include the -g flag, assuming that leaving out the
> final 'strip' step might suffice.

The important thing here is to avoid the default -O2 flag.  It makes
debugging a lot harder.

> >>In case I don't get it compiled, maybe you could prepare two debug
> >>versions (with/w/o the change below) and send them to me? I could
> >>take an extra trip to that lab tomorrow for testing.
> >Well, yes, but there's very little reason that you shouldn't get it
> >build.
> Kind of... I did the small change you suggested and ran make again
> for a second test build, and guess what happens?
> It's compiling *everything* again all over; that's not quite the
> purpose of make, is it?

Not exactly.  And doesn't happen for me.  Are you sure you're not
having a timestamp problem due to running two machines on asynchronous
times, one to build, one providing the storage?  Are you not using NTP?

Red Hat