This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Need input on packaging mingw-w64 for Cygwin
- From: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:51:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: Need input on packaging mingw-w64 for Cygwin
- References: <4B5AC690.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> mingw-w64 <http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/> is a fork of mingw to
> support both win32 and win64. It'll obviously be setup as a cross
> compiler on Cygwin.
> I would like to get some inputs from Cygwin maintainers before I
> start packaging; mainly because mingw-w64 is a fairly large
> toolchain package and I'm still inexperienced at using cygport.
It will be nice to have it!
One question though, is there a point to having gdb? The stdin/stdout
handling is messed up a little due to it being an interactive DOS app
running within Cygwin. It works, but the command line interface can
get a little messy after a while.