Re: setup: use external crypto libraries

On 3/19/2010 2:08 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 19/03/2010 00:40, Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>> About a week after this patch, or something like it, goes in, I'll
>> prepare another one that actually removes libgpg-error/ and libgcrypt/
>
>   I really can't see any benefit in separating the two.  For a week, people
> checking out CVS will have to download eight megs of code that isn't even
> going to be used any more!?

Just natural caution; it's logically two separate actions -- (1) stop
using it, and (2) remove it.  If there's a delay, then in case of some
drastic problem it's easier to roll back the first if you haven't yet
done the second.

>> Built and tested; the setup.exe works fine.  However, unlike my report
>> here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2010-03/msg00085.html, THIS time
>> I did get the error from upx:
>>   upx: setup.exe: CantPackException: TLS callbacks are not supported
>
>   It comes from tlssup.o in libmingw32.a, in the most recent mingw-runtime
> versions.

Yeah, I reproduce the error on the other machine now.  It doesn't appear
to have anything to do with the new libraries.

--
Chuck