Re: setup: use external crypto libraries

> On Mar 19 18:12, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Yeah, I reproduce the error on the other machine now.  It doesn't appear
>> to have anything to do with the new libraries.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2010-03/msg00083.html
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2790986&group_id=2331&atid=352331

Right, but I was holding out (some) hope/fear that maybe there was
something about the libraries that 'triggered' this -- but as you and
Dave both point out, it has *solely* to do with the new mingw32-runtime
lib.  I can't explain why, two days ago, I got an empty .tls section
even using that mingw32-runtime lib.

But, I'm getting a non-empty one now, on both machines, both with and
without the use of my patch/the-new-crypto-libs.

So, the upx thing is an entirely separate issue, and shouldn't hold up
consideration of this patch.

So...?

--
Chuck