This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Remove PINE from distro
- From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:10:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: Remove PINE from distro
- References: <20100603113932.GJ16885@calimero.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> pine is the only package still using the really crufty openssl-0.9.7.
> Since Igor Peshansky is AWOL for quite some time now, I'd like to
> remove the pine and openssl097 packages from the distro. ASAP. Does
> anybody have a problem with that? If so, would you take over
> maintainership for pine?
They are probably both vulnerable to a number of security
vulnerabilities at this point, so if nobody is maintaining it then it