This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Python packages by maintainer
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:30:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Python packages by maintainer
- References: <4B5EADFB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100126135611.GA2212@tishler.net> <4B5F54D1.email@example.com> <20100427220143.GC3692@tishler.net> <4BDB08A2.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100430170340.GL5596@tishler.net> <4BF10457.email@example.com> <4C0564B1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100613010916.GA1416@tishler.net>
On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 21:09 -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Well, it's more "about" than "on," but I'm ready to release Python
> 2.6.5-2 and promote it to current.
> However, AFAICT, most of the above packages have not been rebuilt
> against Python 2.6.5-1. Should I release and promote Python 2.6.5-2
> anyways? Or, should I wait for more of the above to be updated first?
Personally, my packages (both distro and Ports) are ready to go, and I'm
getting tired of being in limbo. OTOH, things will break if we switch
before everything else is ready.
I'm most concerned about Jari's packages. bzr and mercurial are pretty
important, and python-crypto, python-feedparser, and python-paramiko are
dependencies of other packages. Unfortunately, the last we heard from
him on this was not encouraging.
I think we need some guidance from cgf and Corinna on this one: at what
point can we say that a package has been orphaned, at least to the point
that we can do a one-time NMU in order to not break the distro, if not
an outright adoption?