Re: Remove PINE from distro

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 13:39 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> pine is the only package still using the really crufty openssl-0.9.7.
> Since Igor Peshansky is AWOL for quite some time now, I'd like to remove
> the pine and openssl097 packages from the distro.  ASAP.  Does anybody
> have a problem with that?  If so, would you take over maintainership
> for pine?

We have a problem: several libsasl2 modules are also linked against
0.9.7, and as several packages use libsasl2, we need this ITA'd ASAP.
We had better check the rest of the distro to make sure that current
openssl deps are actually 0.9.8.

To avoid these problems in the future (and openssl 1.0.0 is coming soon,
I presume, so this will be an issue fairly soon), may I suggest the
current DLLs from openssl be packaged separately as libssl0.9.8?

Yaakov