This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP maintainers: Change in openssl package requires change in setup.hint
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:02:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP maintainers: Change in openssl package requires change in setup.hint
- References: <20100624093624.GY8163@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 11:36 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> So, what we have to do is to convert *ALL* existing package dependencies
> from "openssl" to "libopenssl098". I'm going to do this in the
> setup.hint files on cygwin.com, but, please do this in your local copy
> of your setup.hint files as well.
> As soon as I upgraded to openssl-1.0.0a-1, make sure that you keep your
> package dependencies in shape when building a new package. That means
> to change from libopenssl098 to libopenssl100.
Do you know yet what the actual DLL names are going to be? libkio
dlopen()s these instead of linking against them, so I want to fix these
for my next KDE release.
> However, isn't libcurl3 OBSOLETE, rather than ORPHANED?
You are correct; I fixed this in CVS.
> apache2 ORPHANED (Max Bowsher)
This desperately needs to be ITA'd. I have a version in Ports if anyone
who actually uses this wants to pick it up:
> cyrus-sasl/libsasl2 ORPHANED (Gareth Pearce)
> cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-devel ORPHANED (Gareth Pearce)
As previously discussed, these actually use libopenssl097.