This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] mingw-w64
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Mailing List: CygWin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:23:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ITP] mingw-w64
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C2A29D6.email@example.com> <4C2B7292.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C2B843D.email@example.com> <4C2BA005.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 6/30/2010 3:50 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 6/30/2010 1:51 PM, JonY wrote:
>> Right now, human intervention still needed. cygport messes up the target
>> dll locations by moving them around and trying to fix libtool files. Its
>> also using cygwin strip(1) to strip 64bit dlls, it fails but doesn't
>> lead to the cygport halting.
> I think you can set a variable in your cygport to suppress both of these
> actions -- and then use the "correct" tool manually in src_install().
> I'll check later.
OK, you can't (yet) suppress the fixup-libtool step, but you can
suppress stripping the DLLs and EXEs (and then explicitly do it manually
to your cygport.