This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc4: next release
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:07:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: gcc4: next release
- References: <4C33DCA8.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 09:47:20AM +0800, JonY wrote:
>Can I ask what will be the next version of GCC be in Cygwin?
>I'm working on the mingw-w64 GCC package on Cygwin. Normally, anything
>cygwin gets installed to /usr, however, with gcc 4.6, the locales data
>Charles suggested installing to /opt/mingw64, this doesn't fit well with
>the cygwin model, but no clashes there. This allows mingw-w64 GCC
>version to be independent of Cygwin's.
I'd want to check with Corinna on this but I am mildly opposed to putting
this in /opt. I don't think it makes sense there. But I haven't been
following closely, though. Where does Debian put these packages?