Re: gcc4: next release

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 22:07 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'd want to check with Corinna on this but I am mildly opposed to putting
> this in /opt.  I don't think it makes sense there.  But I haven't been
> following closely, though.  Where does Debian put these packages?

I'm working with JonY on this as well.  If DaveK splits out the info and
l10n into a separate gcc4-common package when he updates to 4.5.x (or
4.6 trunk), then JonY can package a similar version for mingw64 and
depend on that to provide those files.  That, together with one other
fix, should allow mingw64 to go into /usr.

The only requirement will be coordinating releases (at least the same
major.minor) so that l10n will work for mingw64 as well without worrying
about these collisions.  The alternative is to simply --disable-nls but
IMO that is less than optimal.

Yaakov