This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Rename setup.exe's "Partial" view to "Changing"
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 19:17:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Rename setup.exe's "Partial" view to "Changing"
- References: <AANLkTikm_itwagw0wgwkizPvoNToi-A+Nnp4ZXf5FRb9@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 05:43:35PM +0100, Andy Koppe wrote:
>I hereby propose to rename setup.exe's "Partial" view to "Changing",
>because "Partial" only tells the user that it's going to show some
>subset of packages, whereas "Changing" should make it more obvious
>that it's showing the packages that are, well, changing. Hopefully
>this will make it a bit more discoverable, although of course it might
>cause some confusion for users who already know about "Partial".
>Attached are small patches to setup.exe as well as the manual and FAQ
>that implement this change.
> * PickView.cc (PickView::views::caption): Rename "Partial" view to
> * res.rc (IDS_VIEWBUTTON_TOOLTIP): Ditto.
> * setup-net.sgml, faq-setup.xml: Rename setup.exe's "Partial" view
> to "Changing".
I agree that "Partial" needs renaming but I don't think "Changing" is
How about "Updating"?