This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: a2ps on Cygwin quietly exits with code 127 on Windows 7
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: David_Hudson at capgroup dot com
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:12:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: a2ps on Cygwin quietly exits with code 127 on Windows 7
- References: <email@example.com> <4C4E584E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1280206057.4808.71.camel@YAAKOV04>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jul 26 23:47, Yaakov S wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 04:53 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> > Try installing libintl2. a2ps.exe depends on that very old version but
> > doesn't mention it explicitly in its setup.hint dependencies. (Probably it
> > used to get pulled in by default anyway by some other package but now the last
> > other thing that used to use v2 of libintl has been updated to a more recent
> > one so there's nothing left to cause it to be installed any more.)
> The a2ps maintainer is David Hudson, who has AFAICS not been heard from
> on these lists since October 2005. In the meantime, besides this
> release depending on an ancient libintl2, there is a new version 4.14
> available upstream.
if you're still available, are you still maintaining a2ps for Cygwin?
If so, would you mind to update the package, especially so that it
doesn't depend on libintl2 anymore?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com