Re: [ITP] cabextract 1.3

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 03:27:13PM +0100, Kyzer wrote:
>cabextract is free software to extract Microsoft Cabinet files.
>
>I am the author of cabextract, and I thought Cygwin could do with the
>latest version, as it fixes several security bugs. The version
>currently in Cygwin is about 4 years out of date.
>
>http://www.cabextract.org.uk/cygwin/Makefile
>http://www.cabextract.org.uk/cygwin/README
>http://www.cabextract.org.uk/cygwin/cabextract-1.3-1-src.tar.bz2
>http://www.cabextract.org.uk/cygwin/cabextract-1.3-1.cygport
>http://www.cabextract.org.uk/cygwin/cabextract-1.3-1.tar.bz2
>http://www.cabextract.org.uk/cygwin/setup.hint

Ok.  That will mean that you need to subscribe to the cygwin mailing
list to look for problem reports and you'll need to also be reading this
mailing list for any issues that affect package maintainers.

The setup.hint file that you've provided doesn't need a Requires: cygwin
because that is assumed.  It would also be unusual if it didn't rely on
anything other than cygwin.

I can't check the binary tarball because:

    % bzip2 -tvv cabextract-1.3-1.tar.bz2
      cabextract-1.3-1.tar.bz2:
	[1: huff+mtf rt+rld]data integrity (CRC) error in data

    You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
    data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

It looks like it is corrupted.

cgf