This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport cross-compiling beta2
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:28:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygport cross-compiling beta2
- References: <1280222333.4808.344.camel@YAAKOV04>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 7/27/2010 5:18 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
* with cross.cygclass, configure now uses --prefix=$sysroot$prefix
because of recently discussed issues with libtool and *-config scripts;
From Paolo's most recent version of his patches to provide sysroot
support in libtool:
[RFT PATCH v3 3/9] add --with-sysroot
Right now the default is to use a sysroot. Probably it is
a bit too aggressive, especially because most existing
cross-compilation setups are using the wrong prefix that
includes the sysroot. They would thus stop working until
they switched to --prefix and installing with DESTDIR.
FYI, this patch series appears to work very well (there was one
remaining regression as of 3pm EDT today, but this most recent version
may have fixed that; I haven't checked).
Ralf has promised a review this weekend, so I expect this series or
something close to it will be committed to libtool git master quite soon.