[ITP] rakudo-star-201007-1

I indent to maintain a new package rakudo-star,
which is a small addon to rakudo (aka perl6 on parrot).
387KB binary, 5MB src

The upstream rakudo-star for the masses includes parrot and rakudo, which we don't need. We just depend on them.
Since the original new rakudo 201007 release is a bit too buggy for rakudo-star, I changed the setup hints.
rakudo has now as external-source rakudo-star,
which is packaged as rakudo-201007_47-1

Devlopers are planning monthly developer releases for star also
(which I don't intend to follow, but we will see), and twice a year stable releases, which I indent to package.

Packages are here:
http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/parrot/rakudo/
and http://rurban.xarch.at/software/cygwin/release/parrot/rakudo-star/
and on sourceware in my dir.
(parrot, parrot-devel, parrot-docs, rakudo, rakudo-star)

Since I'm the first (in close contact with the developers) I need 5 votes.
The other distros: slackware and fedora are "almost" ready, but not yet.
debian is a bit behind at all.

* http://github.com/svatsan/RakudoStar-SlackBuilds/tree/master/rakudo/
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Rakudo_Star

The announce:
On behalf of the Rakudo and Perl 6 development teams, I'm happy to
announce the July 2010 release of "Rakudo Star", a useful and usable
distribution of Perl 6.  The tarball for the July 2010 release is
available from <http://github.com/rakudo/star/downloads>.

Rakudo Star is aimed at "early adopters" of Perl 6.  We know that
it still has some bugs, it is far slower than it ought to be, and
there are some advanced pieces of the Perl 6 language specification
that aren't implemented yet.  But Rakudo Perl 6 in its current form
is also proving to be viable (and fun) for developing applications
and exploring a great new language.  These "Star" releases are
intended to make Perl 6 more widely available to programmers, grow
the Perl 6 codebase, and gain additional end-user feedback about the
Perl 6 language and Rakudo's implementation of it.

In the Perl 6 world, we make a distinction between the language
("Perl 6") and specific implementations of the language such as
"Rakudo Perl".  "Rakudo Star" is a distribution that includes
release #31 of the Rakudo Perl 6 compiler [1], version 2.6.0 of
the Parrot Virtual Machine [2], and various modules, documentation,
and other resources collected from the Perl 6 community.  We
plan to make Rakudo Star releases on a monthly schedule, with
occasional special releases in response to important bugfixes or
changes.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/