Re: setup: CVS HEAD does not install test: releases

On 16 August 2010 10:25, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 16 06:32, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 16/08/2010 05:40, Andy Koppe wrote:

>> > You need to manually tick the 'Bin?' box when selecting the
>> > experimental version. It's a longer-standing issue:
>> >
>> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-06/msg00145.html
>> >
>> > Another annoyance in this area is that once you do have an
>> > experimental package installed, setup.exe always tries to downgrade
>> > you back to the current one.
>>
>> Â Another problem is that the dependencies don't work: if you select the test
>> versions of a bunch of the language compilers, they don't cause the test
>> versions of the related runtime libs to get automatically selected.
>
> Is that a result of using pack->curr.depends() in PrereqChecker::isMet?
> Shouldn't that be pack->trustp (theTrust)?

I don't think so. 'theTrust' is a global setting, so 'pack->trustp
(theTrust)'  would probably fail for any packages that don't have an
experimental version when 'Exp' is selected. Also, all versions have
the same dependencies anyway.

The problem is that we're only checking whether a dependency is
installed at all, not whether we've got the appropriate version of it.
Also, the list of missing packages that 'isMet' creates doesn't allow
for specific versions.

Andy