i686-pc-mingw32 cross compiler

I think we agreed to proceed with transitioning from the old gcc-3
-mno-cygwin compilers to a true i686-pc-mingw32 cross-compiler
environment.  This entails adding mingw-binutils, mingw-gcc (which would
replace gcc-mingw-3.x), and rebuilding mingw-* to use the sysroot
(including a new sysrooted mingw-w32api, separate from w32api in /usr).

The question is now, who is going to do this?

* gcc-mingw belongs to Dave Korn as it was part of gcc3 itself, but that
connection is not necessary with a separate cross-compiler.

* mingw-runtime and w32api belong to Chris Sutcliffe.

* All other mingw-* packages belong ot Charles Wilson.

Chuck, since you maintain most of the mingw-* packages and are involved
with mingw.org, you're the most logical choice.  FYI, my prototypes are
now in Ports git:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/ports;a=tree;f=crossdevel

Are you planning to proceed with this, and when?

Yaakov