This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0
- From: Gernot Hillier <gernot dot hillier at siemens dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:46:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0
- References: <4CA42DB5.email@example.com> <4CA4406D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CA5F18E.email@example.com> <4CA6029A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CA98F44.email@example.com> <4CA9F1B4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CA9FE05.email@example.com> <4CB4A904.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12.10.2010 20:29, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Here's my revised version of your package:
> 7) Massive updating to README file; consolidated information from
> README.cygwin and README.security changes, plus pulled in relevant
> data from (current) inetutils.README (*)
Some minor comments about /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/tftp.README:
* confuses config-tftpd with tftpd-config in (at least) two places
* Under 3), it describes the manual way to install the standalone
service instead of the much more convenient "tftpd-config
--standalone" feature. This also leaves the user alone with the
complicated decision whether he has to use cyg_server or not - while
the script would do all this for him.
Perhaps you could also add a hint that the user might want to
change TFTPBOOT and args_value in the script before starting. Or
perhaps you could even make it interactive?
* In one place, you reference /var/log/messages when syslog is running;
you could add that the other place would be the Windows Event log when
syslog is NOT running. I verified that those messages really appear
* The History misses your name. :-)
Apart from that, the new README looks *very* nice! Thanks for that - it
will save us a lot of user's questions!
> Gernot, if you could take this -src package and rebuild it (just to make
> sure it works for you), and then test the binaries in your environment,
> that'd be a good start. Then, I'll worry about the IPv6 stuff next
> weekend or so, and we'll be ready to upload.
Build tested successfully.
>From my side: ready to upload after the minor wording changes as
discussed in the other mail and the bits in the README mentioned above.
Siemens AG, CT T DE IT, GTF System Architecture & Platforms