This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] A setup.exe performance enhancement
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:16:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] A setup.exe performance enhancement
- References: <4CE6A0BB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20101119194921.GA25767@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20101120094328.GN18309@calimero.vinschen.de> <4CEFD0D1.email@example.com> <AANLkTi=8XvKB88gPWWVYuY4mCiJ8kpDwB1oVAo+AX0id@mail.gmail.com>
On 11/26/2010 10:39 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
On 26 November 2010 15:22, Jon TURNEY wrote:
I've also uploaded a setup snapshot at , I would be much obliged if that
received some testing.
Wow, what a difference. It's so fast that the new progress bars can
hardly be seen. Setup.ini parsing, switching between Keep/Curr/Exp,
and dependency checking are all pretty much instantaneous, even with
Cygwin Ports. Give that man a bag of gold stars!
I've also tested the snapshot and found that it works great. Thanks!