Re: ITP dos2unix 5.2.1-1

Erwin Waterlander wrote:

This is, again, something that you can't assume. We don't know how people use these tools. So, if we do decide to make the switch, you will have to be dedicated to being active in responding to problem reports on the mailing list. And, if people here think it's a good idea to move this along, we'll need to get some feedback from the larger community.

I'm fine with that. I made this package, because a cygwin user asked me. For me it's a small effort to maintain a cygwin package for this. I am committed to solve problems. If the cygwin community doesn't want to switch, that's fine too.

An alternative would be to modify cygutils+dos2unix packages such that the user can select the flavor of dos2unix/unix2dos commands with /usr/sbin/alternatives. If cygutils is the default if installed this should not break anything.

Christian