Re: Ooops, minor setup.hint glitch - and announce list bouncing my posts

On 22/03/2011 21:16, Dave Korn wrote:

>   I just uploaded gcc4-4.3.4-4, and realised the setup.hint requires: lines
> don't reflect the extra dependencies that 4.5.0-1 requires.  There will be a
> brief window while I fix this when anyone installing 4.5.0 might not get all
> the libs like MPC GMP etc. that they need.

  Guess I forgot to actually ask: Do we prefer the situation where all users
of curr: packages get a few extra libs that they don't need, or would we
prefer not to make them download extra libs and rely on users of test:
packages to manually download anything they find themselves missing?  On the
whole I guess loading a few extra libs on "normal" users is probably not a
serious burden but wondered if others had thought about it.

    cheers,
      DaveK