Re: 256x256 px icons

On Aug  4 06:49, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 2 August 2011 16:24, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I tried your icons on my desktop and the standalone icon looks good. ÂIn
> > the terminal icons the beveled C looks better than the fatbuttlarry C,
> > cleaner, crisper.
>
> I think it would be better to stick to one. I don't particularly mind
> which, in principle anyway.

Ok.

> Warren's has the advantage of a 256 version and that it's more
> tweakable assuming he provides the vector version it's presumably
> based on. It does need to lose that shadow though, and have the bottom
> edge fixed. Also, the bottom half of the green triangle is a bit on
> the dark side.

I agree.  I think the dark side of the wedge is a result of the shadowing.

> > It's also easier to distinguish from the dark
> > background, but that's probably just because you used a darker shade
> > of grey for the frame. ÂIn the terminal window, a lighter grey really
> > doesn't hurt.
>
> It's pretty much the same grey actually (~220), at full size anyway.
> But the border is thinner and/or partially transparent in larry's.
> Therefore, when scaling it down, it blends into the background more.

Right.  In my icons (which somehow nobody cared to comment upon) I tried
to use a lighter grey for the C frame for smaller icons.

> > Generally it looks like your C's are a pixel or two smaller, except in
> > the smallest sizes. ÂGimp shows that you're always leaving a transparent
> > frame of at least one pixel. ÂAny reason for that?
>
> Not really. Just seemed a prudent thing to do when cutting it out of
> the original, but you're right, there's no need for this, and I'd be
> happy to redo it.

Sure!  I would be more happy with the fatbuttlarry icon if it would
be available in a nice 256x256 variation, though.  That's really a
big plus of Warren's version.

Red Hat