Re: 256x256 px icons

On 12 August 2011 07:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 11 15:06, Warren Young wrote:
>> On 8/11/2011 4:38 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >
>> >New incarnation uploaded. ÂSame URL. ÂIs that better?
>>
>> Yes, thanks.
>
> I didn't feel up to the task to resize the stroke, btw., so I just made
> it slightly darker before resizing. ÂThis seems to have to do the trick.
>
>> I haven't forgotten about my attempt, by the way. ÂIt's just become
>> a bigger project than anticipated. ÂI guess you're not waiting on
>> me, which is fine.
>
> No, no, I'm curious.
>
> There's no rush. ÂEven if I check in the current icons to the setup
> repository, we're not quite finished anyway. ÂAndy was trying to take
> another stab at the smaller icon sizes 24x24 and 16x16.

I hope to get 'round to this this weekend.

> Then we must
> move mintty to Base, then we have to release setup.

I think it would be best to do that as concurrently as possible,
including the removal of the mintty postinstall and preremove scripts
for creating and removing the 'mintty' start menu entry. That's to
avoid an intermediate phase where the mintty entry appears in people's
start menus without them asking for it, only for it to disappear again
soon after.

In preparation for that, I've repackaged mintty without those scripts:

http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2.tar.bz2
http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2-src.tar.bz2

And here's a setup.hint with added Base category:

http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.0.1-2/cygport/setup.hint

Andy