Re: 256x256 px icons

On Aug 16 15:16, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 16 August 2011 10:08, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I created a new 64x64 icon with smaller C. ÂOther than that I made
> > a longish comparison of the small 16x16 and 24x24 icons on various
> > backgrounds, and in contrast to what I said above, I think I prefer
> > the slightly darker frames.
>
> Fair enough. Compared to "mine" though it looks a bit rougher around
> the edges when used in a mintty window frame with dark background. In
> particular, some of the corner pixels stick out and the wedge has more
> pronounced stepping. (See attached pic.)

Sorry, but I really don't see that.  Not in that size.  Do I need specs?

> I wonder whether this is due to resizing algorithm. Can you be
> bothered to try different scaling algorithms, or send me the orignal
> so I can have a go with Paint.net (which says it uses
> "supersampling")?

I don't have an original other that what Warren sent:

  http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/logo/beveled-noshadow-rasterized.xcf
  http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/logo/beveled-for-small-composites.xcf

Everything I did with the C I did from there.

Red Hat