Re: Setup and Mintty

On Nov 18 05:36, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 17 November 2011 17:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > the latest setup sources implement the mintty desktop and start menu
> > shortcuts. ÂSo, afaics, if you would just change the mintty package
> > so that it doesn't install its own shortcuts, we could update setup
> > on sourceware to the new version.
>
> A shortcut-less mintty package is here:
>
> http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2.tar.bz2
> http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2-src.tar.bz2
> http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.0.1-2/cygport/setup.hint

Thanks.

> As I'd mentioned before, I think the changeover needs to go like this:
>
> 1. Add Base category to mintty's setup.hint.

Done.

> 2. Wait a day for mirrors to catch up.

We can even leave the weekend for that.

> 3. Upload new setup.exe.

I copied the new setup.exe, stripped and upx'ed to my home dir on
sourceware.  Chris, can you please sign it and copy it over to the web
page?

> 4. Upload shortcut-less mintty package.

I'll do that afterwards.

> > Is there anything else missing?
>
> I suspect the manual and FAQ need a few tweaks.

There's the faq entry "My application prints international characters
but I only see gray boxes".  The entry about the console is still
valid, even after changing to mintty on the desktop.  Do you think
it makes sense to add words about mintty here?  If so, I guess the
problem more often occurs with Win32 apps running in a UTF-8 mintty.
Do you have a suggestion for an addition related to mintty?

I'm looking into the other occurences of cygwin.bat right now.

Thanks,

Red Hat