Re: Setup and Mintty

On 18 November 2011 10:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 18 05:36, Andy Koppe wrote:
>> On 17 November 2011 17:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> > the latest setup sources implement the mintty desktop and start menu
>> > shortcuts. ÂSo, afaics, if you would just change the mintty package
>> > so that it doesn't install its own shortcuts, we could update setup
>> > on sourceware to the new version.
>>
>> A shortcut-less mintty package is here:
>>
>> http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2.tar.bz2
>> http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2-src.tar.bz2
>> http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.0.1-2/cygport/setup.hint
>
> Thanks.

Actually, it's time for a minor mintty update anyway. Please use this
lot instead:

http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.2-1.tar.bz2
http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.2-1-src.tar.bz2
http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.0.2-1/cygport/setup.hint

>> As I'd mentioned before, I think the changeover needs to go like this:
>>
>> 1. Add Base category to mintty's setup.hint.
>
> Done.

Great.

>> 2. Wait a day for mirrors to catch up.
>
> We can even leave the weekend for that.
>
>> 3. Upload new setup.exe.
>
> I copied the new setup.exe, stripped and upx'ed to my home dir on
> sourceware. ÂChris, can you please sign it and copy it over to the web
> page?
>
>> 4. Upload shortcut-less mintty package.
>
> I'll do that afterwards.
>>
>> > Is there anything else missing?
>>
>> I suspect the manual and FAQ need a few tweaks.
>
> There's the faq entry "My application prints international characters
> but I only see gray boxes". ÂThe entry about the console is still
> valid, even after changing to mintty on the desktop. ÂDo you think
> it makes sense to add words about mintty here? ÂIf so, I guess the
> problem more often occurs with Win32 apps running in a UTF-8 mintty.
> Do you have a suggestion for an addition related to mintty?

I'll have a look over the weekend.

Thanks,
Andy