This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:52:37 +0100
- Subject: Setup announcement
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
most of the changes and fixes in the new setup.exe release from this
weekend are yours per the ChangeLog. I don't know exactly what to write
in an announcement. Here's what I have so far. Can you please have a
look and revise it?
- Now that mintty has become part of the default installation, setup will
create desktop and start menu shortcuts called "Cygwin Terminal", which
point to mintty, starting your default shell as noted in /etc/passwd.
- The desktop and start menu shortcuts use new icons.
- Remove "Prev" button from Chooser page. The behaviour was confusing
- In unattanded mode, if packages were selected on command line,
install only these, not their dependencies.
--- Is that correct? Or are the dependencies installed as well,
but not unrelated packages?
- Improve progress bar display.
- Fix behaviour when reading broken tar archives.
- Improve error messages related to reading and writing files.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com