Re: /rebase.sh (was Re: YA call for snapshot testing)

[Moved to cygwin-apps for discussion]

On Jan 20 09:49, marco atzeri wrote:
As rebaseall is almost mandatory on W7/64 and
we are always suggesting it to anyone with fork problem,
I think a simple batch file in the / (called rebase.bat ?)
similar to the cygwin.bat

with something like
-------------------------------------
C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
C:\cygwin\bin\dash -l -i -c "rebaseall"
--------------------------------------

will help customer to handle the issue.
It should be worth to add it to the rebase package.

Sounds like an interesting idea. That would simplify the description in the User's Guide, too. The only problem I see with this is the fact that rebaseall exits prematurely if more than just dash or ash processes are running. Maybe we should add a flag to rebaseall so that it waits for a keypress in that case.

keep it simple, just add a "pause" command after the dash. So we will have:

/usr/bin/tclpip84.dll: skipped because not rebaseable
Press any key to continue . . .

or

rebaseall: only ash or dash processes are allowed during rebasing
    Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.
    Execute ash (or dash) from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window.
    Execute '/bin/rebaseall' from ash (or dash).
Press any key to continue . . .

Corinna

P.S.: In the long run we would rather like to run rebase from setup directly. The only problem is that DLLs might be locked due to running processes and rebase right now drops DLLs from the database if it couldn't handle. The algorithm needs to become a bit more intelligent to be able to run from setup.

It will be always needed a command line version for people that are compiling by themself some programs

my own version is :
dash -l -i -c "rebaseall -s 'dll|so|oct' -T /usr/local/lista_rebase

as I have always additional dll's to rebase.