This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [SECURITY] libpng vulnerabilities
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Mailing List: CygWin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:27:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: [SECURITY] libpng vulnerabilities
- References: <4F49E71A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 2/26/2012 3:02 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
> All versions of libpng from 1.0.6 through 1.5.8, 1.4.8, 1.2.46, and
> 1.0.56, respectively, fail to correctly validate a heap allocation in
> png_decompress_chunk(), which can lead to a buffer-overrun and the
> possibility of execution of hostile code on 32-bit systems. This serious
> vulnerability has been assigned ID CVE-2011-3026 and is fixed in version
> 1.5.9 (and versions 1.4.9, 1.2.47, and 1.0.57, respectively, on the
> older branches), released 18 February 2012.
Thanks. I'll update soon, and probably release a 1.5 package as well.