This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mingw64 and Cygwin: header and libs layout
- From: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, JonY <jon_y at users dot sourceforge dot net>, Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:25:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Mingw64 and Cygwin: header and libs layout
- References: <20120313101052.GC26954@calimero.vinschen.de>
I suggest the approach to install for cygwin the platform-headers to a
shared place. I suggest that mingw-w64 adds to configure for headers
and crt an option, which installs platform-headers/libraries to
'/usr/shared/psdk_windows' location. Means under this path are the
folders lib/lib64/include containing only the platform-parts.
For the cygwin-based mingw-w64 cross-compiler we need to add here by
spec (for headers in gcc and for libs in binutils or gcc). IMHO this
should be a special configuration option for gcc (and binutils), which
adds the required parts to spec-files.
The CRT libraries and headers should stay IMHO in private places for
toolchain. There is no need to put them under different locations or
to have them at shared-locations AFAICS., as cygwin-toolchain won't
provide this '-mno-cygwin' approach. So toolchains are regarding
their CRT-headers isolated.