This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA?] libXaw3d
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>, Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:38:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITA?] libXaw3d
- References: <4F7A0311.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com
On 02.04.2012 21:50, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
Dr. Volker Zell,
X.Org has taken over maintenance of libXaw3d, cleaned up the code,
switched from imake to autotools, and is releasing tarballs in the same
fashion as other X.Org components. Would you like me to take libXaw3d as
part of the X11R7.7 update, or do you want to continue handling it?
(xorg.cygclass will do the bulk of the work for you.)
I have no problem with the takeover, but see below.
Either way, the ABI version has been bumped to 8, so gv, xemacs, and
xfig will need a rebuild for the new libXaw3d.
The last time I tried updating to Xaw3d-1.5E, xfig linked against that
version core dumped right away as soon as you clicked on some button.
That was the reason I never update from Xaw3d-1.5D to Xaw3d-1.5E in the
distro, although gv and xemacs seem to work fine with Xaw3d-1.5E.
Do you now if that xfig problem has been solved with the X.Org version
of Xaw3d ?