Re: cygport: KEEPDIRS not working, doenv and tcsh

On Apr 28 09:00, Ken Brown wrote:
> >Hi Yaakov,
> >
> >I'm just converting the OpenSSL package to cygport packaging.  I
> >stumbled over two problems using cygport 0.10.10-1:
> >
> >- Neither keepdir nor KEEPDIRS seem to do their job.
> >
> >   The OpenSSL package installs two empty dirs which are supposed to
> >   be kept in the tar archive.  So I tried
> >
> >     src_install() {
> >       [...]
> >       keepdir usr/ssl/certs
> >       keepdir usr/ssl/private
> >     }
> >
> >   as well as on the top level:
> >
> >     KEEPDIRS="usr/ssl/certs usr/ssl/private"
> >
> >   but to no avail:
>
> I think you need the leading `/':  keepdir /usr/ssl/certs.

*blush*  You're right, thanks.  The manual states that the paths given
to keepdir or KEEPDIRS are relative to ${D}, just like the paths in
the foo_CONTENTS variables, so I never thought of prepending a slash.

Another problem I just encountered is this:

OpenSSL cannot be built outside its source tree.  So my src_compile
looks like this:

  src_compile() {
    cd ${S}				# <---
    ./config ${CONFIG_OPTIONS}
    make depend
    make
  }

Now all the created binaries are in ${S} as well, of course.  This
results in an enormous src patch file, which doesn't make sense at
all.  Additionally I'm always building OpenSSL from the upstream
vanilla sources anyway.  So what I tried was this:

  DIFF_EXCLUDES='*'

Unfortunately this doesn't have the desired effect.  The src patch
is still big and contains all the created binaries as well.

How do I tell cygport not to create a src patch file?

Red Hat