This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe and cntlm proxy - setup gets stuck at mirrors.lst
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:31:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup.exe and cntlm proxy - setup gets stuck at mirrors.lst
- References: <CA+7conn9hRBJEAQ=0XcN68UFxqECvDEkmU+=iQW=OX3O2kBx3A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 03:48:16PM +0200, Pawel Jasinski wrote:
>sorry for the cross post. I just realized setup.exe should be
>discussed here and not in main cygwin mailing list
>I have created patch for setup.exe to make it work with cntlm proxy.
>Upon investigation I have discovered that, setup.exe does not handle
>well the situation when connection is not closed at the end of each
>individual file (Keep-Alive) and gets stuck.
>If the HTTP response from proxy contains Content-Length, patched
>version uses provided length to detect end of file condition.
>What are the chances to include it in official setup.exe release?
Nonexistent as it stands right now.
Your submission lacks a ChangeLog and, more importantly, comments. I
have no idea why you're making the changes that you've made. You're
changing code that has worked for years so we really need some
justification for why what you've done is necessary.