This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITA] w32api-3.0b_svn5368-1
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:51:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITA] w32api-3.0b_svn5368-1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2012-08-12 01:49, JonY wrote:
New w32api preliminary upload, now with mingw-w64 parts.
Nack. Both mintty and xorg-server FTBFS with this w32api.
It contains the headers and win32 and win64 DLL import libraries.
It does require multilib capable GCC to build.
Why? What is the purpose of 64-bit libs with a 32-bit-only Cygwin GCC?
Can cygport implement a new inherit where it is similar to cross, except
it uses --prefix=/usr? Right now, I'm setting CC/CXX manually to get
To bootstrap, you could just unset CC/CXX and configure with
--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32. But once the new w32api is installed, if you
configure with --disable-lib64, this should be buildable with Cygwin's